Function to add to Data.List

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 01:02:29 UTC 2014

There is some precedent for 'sortOn' as the naming convention should we
choose to go ahead with it.

http://lukepalmer.wordpress.com/2009/07/01/on-the-by-functions/

Having some mechanism by which we can explicitly request the Schwartzian
transform like that as opposed to 'element by element' By functions strikes
me personally as a good idea and sufficiently non-trivial to pass the
"Fairbairn threshold" in my book.

+1 from me.

-Edward