add INLINEABLE to maybe, either, bool

Roman Cheplyaka roma at ro-che.info
Tue Sep 17 15:11:52 CEST 2013

Austin,

First of all, let me say that I am generally on the same side of this
argument as you are now.

But Dan raised very good and valid points, and I don't think you
addressed them directly (quotations follow):

1. If you want to test the auto-inliner's wisdom, then just add a
   setting that ignores INLINE pragmas and see if it inlines the same
   thing that humans do?
2. I don't really care how it's accomplished, but I do think that we should
   make sure that maybe, either, and bool are inlined, and the most obvious
   way to accomplish this is to directly mark them INLINE, is it not?

Roman