add INLINEABLE to maybe, either, bool

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 21:59:56 CEST 2013

Its come to my attention that maybe, either, and its new sibling bool, all
lack the
INLINEABLE attribute, or its more aggressive sibling INLINE

this seems like one of those operations where inlining in client use sites
is a good option to have, and currently not possible!

theres probably other stuff that would benefit from an INLINEABLE pragma in
base,
but this is an obvious, simple, "easy win" that I noticed when Oliver's
patch got merged into base.

Thoughts?
Time scale: sometime this week? (ghc 7.8 merge window is landing!)

cheers