Text.Printf replacement?

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Thu Sep 12 15:24:30 CEST 2013

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 12.09.2013, 13:13 +0200 schrieb Herbert Valerio
Riedel:
> I've done a crude check to see how many latest-version packages on
> Hackage have .*hs files matching containing the string "Text.Printf":
>
>   http://lpaste.net/92876
>
> It's still 599 packages that are probably affected by base losing its
> `Text.Printf` :-/
>
> Maybe we could just deprecated Text.Printf for GHC 7.8, and remove in
> 7.10 (which may address the big base-split)

but how many of them depend on base < 4.7? All these will have to modify
their build-depends line anyways, so changing it to "base == 4.7.*,
printf == 1.0.*" does not seem to be too big of an issue.

Greetings,
Joachimg

--
Joachim “nomeata” Breitner