Proposal: Add bool to Data.Bool

David Luposchainsky dluposchainsky at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 11 00:17:41 CEST 2013

On 2013-09-11 00:02, Oliver Charles wrote:
> I would like to propose that the following is added to Data.Bool in base:
>
> bool :: a -> a -> Bool -> a
> bool f _ False = f
> bool _ t True  = t

+1

The main argument I've heard against it is that this function 'would
mean we have to add "if'" to the library and then all other permutations
of the arguments'. Seeing how that argument is void modulo rhetoric, I
can't see a reason for not adding it.

I'm against Prelude because I think we should really separate the
Prelude into the "necessary Prelude" and the KitchenSink before adding
anything else to it.

David