Wither Haskell Platform 2013.4.0.0

Kazu Yamamoto (=?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCOzNLXE9CSScbKEI=?=) kazu at iij.ad.jp
Sun Oct 27 03:36:18 UTC 2013

Hi,

> What change did we think we need for a GHC 7.6.4 to support Xcode 5? Was it
> just this change to fiddle with the command line options?

I don't know what is the best. But here is what I know now:

clang-xcode5-wrapper.hs (*1) works as a wrapper in many cases so
far. We need to change the value of "C compiler command" in
settings(*2).

Unfortunately, in some commands, hsc2hs for instance, the command name
"gcc" is hard coded. So, clang-xcode5-wrapper.hs should be installed
as "gcc".  This "gcc" should have higher priority than /usr/bin/gcc in
PATH.

One concern is that users would get troubles with this new gcc.

(*1) https://github.com/ghc-ios/ghc-ios-scripts/blob/master/clang-xcode5-wrapper.hs

(*2) /Library/Frameworks/GHC.framework/Versions/7.6.3-x86_64/usr/lib/ghc-7.6.3/settings

--Kazu