Wither Haskell Platform 2013.4.0.0

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 16:13:45 UTC 2013

I guess my point is there's a number of work arounds that are easy for a
power user to support, but should NOT be the default setup or config
required for new users.

Eg: brew also provides an installer for apple-gcc42 and you could then
point your ghc settings file to.

That said, it's not a solution we probably want to encourage by default, it
definitely took me a while to cook up sane directions, and some of those
directions/approaches apparently become useless if you update to OS X 10.9.
(I think partly because the default C++ std libs on Mac shift, so you can't
easily build GCC on mavericks currently allegedly )