"Elvis" operator (?:) as a reverse infix form of "fromMaybe"

John Lato jwlato at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 03:15:47 UTC 2013

This type is what I would like (and is the proper generalization of the
proposed function), but I don't know if it's feasible. It might fit into
Alternative, but it may need a separate class. I don't see how it could be
written as a standalone function without extra support.  So I suggested a
"next best thing. "

As to flooding, I thought this was germane to the proposal, and I do
apologize if others disagree. I just don't think ?. is useful or general
enough to deserve a place in base.