Flipped function application

Wvv vitea3v at rambler.ru
Sat Oct 12 12:39:32 UTC 2013

An Intermediate  Summary:

1) It is clear now, that most people do not want to have (#/&/|>) at the
Prelude.

So, we can stop the discussion this part of task: if we add function, it
will be Data.Function

2) To add or not to add:

2.1) Some people are against this function at all

2.2) Some people do not want to have this function, but not categorically

2.3) Few(?) people doesn't care

2.4) Many people wish to add flipped function application

The main plea against the proposal is, that code which is written using
flipped function application doesn't look like a function style any more.

The main argument agree the proposal is, that it is useful function and
probably a wide use.

3) Name of function

3.1) Most people are not against the name they do not prefer

3.2) Main candidates are (#), (&) and (|>)

3.3) Main objection from these 3 candidates has (&): it looks like boolean
operation

3.4) If we count "Like"s, we have 3 almost identical results for 3
candidates

If ratio remains, it could be solved by voting 2 times (3 >>= 2 remains >>=
winner)

3.5) We still count rest candidates and alternatives are welcome!

4) Alternatives

Andreas Abel suggest to add 2 pure functions and 2 for Functor:

=====
I prefer :
(<.>) as (.) for Functor

(#) - flipped functional composition
(<#>) - flipped <$> for Functor

(&)  as flipped (.) : f & g = g . f
We could write: a # (f & g) = (a # f) # g;