Flipped function application

Edward Kmett ekmett
Wed Oct 9 19:23:43 UTC 2013

It wasn't the name that was the source of conflict, but rather a rather die hard cadre of folks who felt that it was redundant and gratuitous. (&) actually polled the best out of the candidate names by far, but it was more that about 40% of those polled were against adding it under any name, even to such an out of the way place.

Personally I'd rather have it there than not. However, I feel a need to balance that personal desire against the clear lack of consensus, and even to some extent the need to manage the appearance that I'd be using my shiny new position as the core libraries committee chair to ram through unpopular changes. We have enough real work to do over the course of the next year that I'd rather not expend all of the committee's "political capital" on something this trivial.

I have very little desire to relive that proposal.

-Edward