I've forked test-framework

John Lato jwlato
Wed Oct 9 04:15:28 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 10:29 PM, Erik de Castro Lopo
<mle+hs at mega-nerd.com>wrote:

> John Lato wrote:
>
> > According to http://packdeps.haskellers.com/reverse, test-framework has
> > over 300 reverse dependencies (and tasty has 12).  Given that ghc-7.8
> will
> > be out relatively soon, why break all of them?
>
> I agree. Would it not make more sense to start maintaining test-framework
> as part of the haskell-pkg-janitors group [0] on github and uploading a new
> fixed version ASAP?

Bryan already uploaded a new version (3 versions, actually), which I
presume he tested with ghc-HEAD.  The maintainer is listed as libraries at .
I agree that haskell-pkg-janitors would be more appropriate, but I'm not
really sure what the protocol is at this point.

Are there any objections to moving test-framework to haskell-pkg-janitors?