Proposal: GHC.Generics marked UNSAFE for SafeHaskell

Ryan Newton rrnewton
Mon Oct 7 05:19:20 UTC 2013

Indeed!  That seems to be a direct violation of this language in the manual:

*"An important part of this is that safe compiled code is not able to
examine or create data values using data constructors that it cannot import"
*

And the funny part is that that is unrelated to my particular problem of
the user making their own Generic instances and is instead related to
simply exposing "to"...

Thanks for putting that together.