Who needs and wants parallelism-friendly core libs?

Ryan Newton rrnewton at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 21:00:08 UTC 2013

Yep, it is public!  So it is fine to do this to rip the MutableByteArray
out of the relevant "MVector s a" types:

https://github.com/rrnewton/haskell-lockfree/blob/cc2690f96ed616f9d1221770c5213d1ae41facc9/vector-atomics/Data/Vector/Unboxed/Atomic.hs

And then we can build up a "vector-atomics" package that exposes all the
relevant ops on [un]boxed vectors (and Storable too if we want to use the
bits-atomic package).

Personally, right this moment I need fetch-and-OR and fetch-and-AND because
I want a concurrent hierarchical bit-vector for storing subsets of the
integers [0,N).  Edward, I don't suppose you have that one up your sleeve
already ;-)?

  -Ryan