aeson and dlist in HP 2013.4.0.0

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 10:06:13 UTC 2013

On 18 November 2013 19:04, Sean Leather <sean.leather at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 10:20 PM, Mark Lentczner wrote:
>>
>> Thoughts?
>

> I'm fine with any option regarding dlist.
>
> Just to update people on my planned changes for v0.6, here is the ChangeLog:
>
> * Maintenance and development taken over by Sean Leather
> * Migrate repository from http://code.haskell.org/~dons/code/dlist/ to
>   https://github.com/spl/dlist
> * Add `Eq`, `Ord`, `Read`, `Show`, `Alternative`, `Foldable`, `Traversable`
>   instances
> * Deprecate functions in favor of their type class equivalents: `concat`,
> `map`,
>   `foldr`
> * Deprecate `DL`, `unDL` and add `apply`

The only possible issue I can think of with this from my own
experience in dealing with my own code with abstract data types with
no exposed constructors: it made some debugging issues difficult to
diagnose because the equivalent of fromList and toList led to some
subtle behaviours.  As such, what about having an .Internals module
that exposes these?

(Admittedly in my case, the issue was more because of the behaviour of
show and read, which isn't as big a deal with a datatype that doesn't
change the ordering of list elements.)