2013.4.0.0 proposal

Sean Leather sean.leather at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 10:47:45 UTC 2013

> On 10 November 2013 22:40, Mark Lentczner <mark.lentczner at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Including aeson, which I think we'd all very much like to do, requires
> > dlist-0.5.
> > Now, dlist has been around for a very long time, and is very stable.
> > I do not believe that dlist's API is exposed indirectly via aeson at all.
> >
> > I hereby propose that it be added to the platform.
> > At the very least, it could be like primitive - in the platform, but not
> > "part" of it.
> >
> > Thoughts?

Considering the somewhat fundamental nature of dlist, I think it would be
appropriate to have in the platform.

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 10:26 AM, Bas van Dijk <v.dijk.bas at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, note that I don't mind dropping the dlist dependency from
> aeson. I use it in a very limited internal place:
>
> https://github.com/bos/aeson/blob/master/Data/Aeson/Types/Generic.hs#L213
>
> Don, If we do decide to include dlist in the HP it would be great if
> the following instances can be added to it:

Assuming Don is willing and others agree, I don't mind taking over
maintenance of dlist. I just imported it into GitHub:
https://github.com/spl/dlist

Bas: please submit a pull request with the suggested changes. They all look
good.

Regards,
Sean