2013.4.0.0 proposal

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 22:14:18 UTC 2013

I spoke too soon:

*aeson* induces *blaze-builder* & *dlist* -- both are pretty long term
established and stable - I say include 'em both.

*cgi* 3001.1.8.4 induces *MonadCatchIO-mtl* & *extensible-exceptions* -
this is more problematic:

   - *extensible-exceptions* hasn't been needed since GHC 7, and just
   reexports stuff into a different place. I don't think that should be in the
   platform.
   - *MonadCatchIO-mtl* is one of several approaches to re-mapping
   extensible exceptions into *mtl*. While none is settled practice yet,
   this one is probably a dead end as it uses the older block/unblock idiom
   rather than the now preferred mask idiom.

I'm planning holding *cgi* back to 3001.1.7.5 to avoid these two packages.

thoughts always welcome!

- Mark