2014 Applicative => Monad proposal

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Fri May 24 17:20:51 CEST 2013

For the record I'm actually -1 on including Pointed.

My experience is that there are very few uses for the class that permit you
to reason about your code without one-off ad hoc reasoning based on the
particular instance you are given. Now, the Apply and Bind classes on the
other hand... =) Though, to be fair, I couldn't seriously propose including
either of those, either. Even I can't be bothered to instantiate them all
the time!

-Edward