Burning bridges

David Luposchainsky dluposchainsky at googlemail.com
Thu May 23 00:39:17 CEST 2013

On 2013-05-23 00:33, Casey McCann wrote:
> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 6:22 PM, Ross Paterson <R.Paterson at city.ac.uk> wrote:
>> Wasn't there also mention of making Applicative a superclass of Monad?
>
> Even if it's a good idea, which it is, and even if we want to do it,
> which we should, it warrants a separate proposal.

Before this thread derails more in the Applicative-Monad direction: I've
been preparing a proposal, and the link to the current state can be
found at the bottom. If you want to comment on its contents write me a
private email or contact me on IRC (quchen). I'm planning to submit it
here when I'm sure it makes good enough arguments and all the rough
edges are gone.

That said, let's get back to (exactly) the Foldable/Traversable issue.

Greetings,
David

https://github.com/quchen/articles/blob/master/applicative_monad.md