proposal/RFC: add bSwap to base in Data.Bits

Vincent Hanquez tab at snarc.org
Sat May 18 11:12:37 CEST 2013

On 05/17/2013 07:37 PM, Ian Lynagh wrote:

> I think that adding the functions above, probably to Data.Word, would be
> my preference.
Well ok. that's much better for me, and personally that's the only thing
i want exposed.
somehow, i imagined that it would have better acceptance as something
generic.

> Oh, and for the record, I also prefer "byteSwap" to "bswap", and dislike
> using (Finite)Bits for this.

yes, i've already renamed locally to byteSwap.
I'll reshape the proposal one more time, instead of using FiniteBits then.

Thanks,
--
Vincent