Control.Monad proposal: Add whenJust

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Wed May 15 18:14:32 CEST 2013

Personally, I'd be all for just moving Foldable (and Traversable) into the
Prelude and retiring the monomorphic versions of the functions they supply.
Both abstractions have born the test of time, and its hard to even envision
Haskell without them at this point.

I'm somewhat leery that we coud get this proposal past the "but it makes it
harder to introduce people to Haskell" backlash, but I'd wholeheartedly
support it.

-Edward