Libraries Digest, Vol 117, Issue 10

Jeremy Shaw jeremy at n-heptane.com
Fri May 10 20:54:54 CEST 2013

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Gabriel Gonzalez <gabriel439 at gmail.com> wrote:
> How about I just write a blog post teaching people how to use `for_` (and
> more generally, how to use `Maybe`'s `Foldable` instance)?  I know Oliver
> Charles wrote a similar post in his 24 days of Hackage, and maybe I could
> build on that a bit more and perhaps make it as Google-able as possible so
> it comes up as the top result when people search for keywords like
> `whenJust` and other `Maybe` idioms.

Sounds like a good post -- but, only if people can find it at the
right time. Is there some way we can add something to the
haddock/hoogle docs so that people looking for `whenJust` can be told
that they are looking for `for_`?

I just wrote `whenJust` myself a few days ago -- not realizing that
for_ is what I wanted. I don't really need a whole tutorial for that
-- just a 'you mean for_' would be enough. But.. it would need to be
in the Control.Monad and/or Data.Maybe haddocks for me to have seen
it..

- jeremy