The numeric c types are (effectively) integral, too.

Jeff Shaw shawjef3 at
Wed Mar 27 17:58:21 CET 2013

On 3/27/2013 12:16 PM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 12:08 PM, Jeff Shaw <shawjef3 at
> <mailto:shawjef3 at>> wrote:
>     I looked through the header files for FreeBSD's platforms, and
>     time_t is always an __int32 or __int64. Maybe Linux or NetBSD can
>     provide an exception.
> There have been times when it was a struct made of multiple integral
> values, also.
> --
> brandon s allbery kf8nh sine nomine associates
> allbery.b at <mailto:allbery.b at>
> ballbery at <mailto:ballbery at>
That's fascinating. If we're concerned with those cases in base, we
should probably remove at least the Enum, Num, and Real instances from
CTime, or provide special cases. I imagine Show and Read become
nontrivial, as well.