Advance notice that I'd like to make Cabal depend on parsec

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 02:08:07 CET 2013

is there any downside using a human readable Read/Show instance for the ghc
package database serialization piece?

adding parsec to the baked into ghc core would have pretty strong
implications on which versions of other packages (where applicable) can be
built with ghc...

*Zooming out a teeny bit*... wasn't there some recent discussion on making
it easier to have ghc coherently cope with multiple versions of a library
being installed? I feel like this parsec inclusion would be a lot *less*
contentious once thats been done, because then the ghc usage of the  parsec
library could be private / hidden from end users (possibly?)

cheers
-Carter