[ANNOUNCE] Formation of the Core Libraries Committee

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Jun 24 10:16:26 CEST 2013

|  > http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library_submissions
|
| Weirdly, time is not listed as a core library, even though core
| libraries directory, hpc, random, and unix all depend on it. Is this an
| oversight?

That does look odd and inconsistent. I have no idea why.  "The core libraries are a subset of the packages in the Haskell Platform, and define basic APIs that are expected to be available in any Haskell implementation"

I suggest that someone (eg Ashley) adds it to the
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library_submissions
listing Ashley as maintainer.

More generally, the GHC repositories page
	http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Repositories
lists several other libraries that GHC depends on, which are not listed in the Core Libraries list on the Haskell Wiki.  Eg
	utf8-string, primitive, filepath
and perhaps others (I didn't do a line-by-line comparision).

Would the core-libraries committee like to check over the list?  Thanks!

Simon