Proxy and new-typeable

Roman Cheplyaka roma at ro-che.info
Sat Jan 26 09:27:50 CET 2013

Very nice idea! Thanks for bringing it up.

The only case I can see when this "proxyless" approach wouldn't work is
if Proxy ever has to be in a covariant position (e.g. returned by a
function). Then you'd need either a concrete proxy or an existential
wrapper.

If there are no such functions in the new Data.Typeable (which is very
plausible), then I'd prefer not to include Proxy into base, given that
it's already provided by an alternative package.

Roman

* Shachaf Ben-Kiki <shachaf at gmail.com> [2013-01-25 20:07:10-0800]