Proposal: splitting the network package

Jeremy Shaw jeremy at n-heptane.com
Thu Jan 17 18:01:01 CET 2013

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 5:32 AM, Graham Klyne <GK at ninebynine.org> wrote:
> On 17/01/2013 10:45, Gregory Collins wrote:
>>
>>     - the current Network.URI is not a great module to begin with
>

> This may well be true, but I'd like to understand why you say this.

Network.URI is better now that it exposed the record constructors. But
I have never been too happy by the Show instance -- and the 'missing'
Read instance. Also.. it doesn't seem to provide much in the way of
constructing URIs aside from parsing already constructed ones. Now
that the constructors are exposed.. it is a bit easier. But the fact
that (for example) the port number has to include the : makes it
trickier to use.

And, of course, Text would be nice.

- jeremy