Proposal: splitting the network package

Conrad Parker conrad at
Thu Jan 10 04:04:27 CET 2013

On 9 January 2013 21:24, Joachim Breitner <mail at> wrote:
> According to
> this would break
>       * github which, in violation of PVP has no upper bound on the uri
>         version, and hence cannot complain about builds failing

I was curious about this package, and it turns out it was not actually
using anything from Text.URI anyway; I've sent a pull request to
remove the dependency (a 2-line patch):

The github package already depends on network (unsurprisingly) and
http-types, the latter of which provides http query string handling.