Proposal: splitting the network package
tab at snarc.org
Wed Jan 9 18:18:15 CET 2013
On 01/09/2013 01:24 PM, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> So it seems the impact of a non-compatible upload to uri would be low.
> The question is more likely: Do maintainers have a strong ownership of
> names they claim on hackage, or do we liberally take over names when it
> is for the greater good? In Debian, such a name-take-over would be
> highly controversial, but I’m not saying that this is a good thing.
Personally i would be in favor of taking over a package name provided
* provided it's a platform thing.
* it has wide support in the community
* the package name is generic enough
* the amount of breakage is minimal
* the authors / maintainers have been contacted (if way to contact are
Maybe the authors / maintainers of uri could be sympathetic to a
More information about the Libraries