text, warp and blaze-builder

Sven Panne svenpanne at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 09:05:12 UTC 2013

2013/12/10 harry <voldermort at hotmail.com>:
> I just had a build break because a module I was importing exposed a new
> function that clashed with an existing function from a different module.
> Should potential build-breakers be a minor bump?

In this case, yes:
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Package_versioning_policy#Version_numbers

I think the rational is: If you carefully and explictly import only
the things you need, the new version won't break your build. Importing
whole modules can of course break your build when new entities have
been added to the imported module, but this could be avoided by being
less lazy and more explicit. ;-) Changing e.g. a signature or removing
stuff OTOH will break some builds in ways which can't be anticipated.