text, warp and blaze-builder

Erik Hesselink hesselink at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 20:38:28 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 9:28 PM, Bryan O'Sullivan <bos at serpentine.com> wrote:
> There will be a 1.1 release of text in a matter of weeks, which leaves the
> public API unchanged, but exposes all the hitherto hidden internal modules.

Why make this a major bump? If it only exposes new things, it should
only have to be a minor bump, right?

Also, I've already said this elsewhere before, but all package
breakages I've had in the past year have been due to missing upper
bounds, also on stable things like 'text' or 'base'. Removing an upper
bound saves one developer work at the expense of many users. Friends
don't let friends remove upper bounds.

Erik