Proposal: Improving the IsString String instance

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at
Mon Aug 26 18:42:14 CEST 2013

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 12:33 PM, Henning Thielemann <
schlepptop at> wrote:

> I predict that soon people will propose here on this mailing list to
> replace Prelude's half-monomorphic 'length' by a fully polymorphic
> Foldable.length. It does not yet exist, but it could be added easily. What
> will you do then?

Nothing, because the keepers of the Prelude are allergic to such

allbery.b at                                  ballbery at
unix, openafs, kerberos, infrastructure, xmonad