Workflow for maintaining Haskell platform packages

Henning Thielemann lemming at
Sun Aug 4 18:38:26 CEST 2013

On Sun, 4 Aug 2013, Sven Panne wrote:

> One more workflow question: Wouldn't it make sense to make a branch on
> GitHub for each released version of a package and bump the package
> version on master directly after that?

I think bumping the version in the repository right after a Hackage upload
is the right thing to do. This way users can install the repository HEAD
version with cabal-install. Only this way a GL-using package can specify
that it depends on a GL package version that is not yet present on