cabal log and cleanup questions

harry voldermort at
Sat Aug 3 21:26:54 CEST 2013

I've noticed that cabal install seems to create two copies of the logs- one
defined by build-summary in the config file, and another in the packages
directory (build-reports.log). Can I stop it creating this second log?
There's a log-dir option in the config file, but it doesn't seem to do

I'm also looking for a simple command to delete all of the downloaded
packages, but not the database (so I won't have to cabal update again.) I'm
not even sure which files this would have to keep - I'm guessing
00-index.tar and perhaps 00-index.cache?

Sent from the Haskell - Libraries mailing list archive at