new MonadRandom instance; and maintainership

Brent Yorgey byorgey at
Thu Apr 25 16:47:57 CEST 2013

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 02:38:01PM -0400, Brent Yorgey wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would like to add a derived MonadPlus instance for both Rand and
> RandT.  Also, since it seems that MonadRandom has no maintainer I
> propose to take on its maintainership.  Any
> comments/objections/etc. welcome.

Also, ignore what I said about deriving an instance for Rand, that
does not make any sense. However, adding an instance for RandT does
still make sense.  A repository with the changes is here:

I'll upload in a few days if no one objects.