HTTP and character encodings

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Thu Sep 13 19:32:58 CEST 2012

On 12/09/2012 22:34, Duncan Coutts wrote:

> Yes. And I'd be in favour of removing the class entirely. Just use a
> single ByteString type. I don't think the overloading buys us
> anything.

Which one should it use, lazy bytestring?

I'm not particularly keen on removing the overloading as I don't think
keeping it costs much for now and I kind of like the idea. We could even
replace String with [Word8] though that seems rather pointless in practice.

On the other hand if there's strong feelings in favour of removing it,
now is a good opportunity since there'll be a breaking change anyway.

Ganesh