HTTP and character encodings

Vincent Hanquez tab at snarc.org
Wed Sep 12 00:30:26 CEST 2012

On 09/11/2012 10:00 PM, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 09:36:37PM +0100, Vincent Hanquez wrote:
>> keeping HTTP instead of http-conduit just make it
>> likely the platform will be (is) irrelevant for many people.
> Are you saying that http-conduit is better, more popular, or both, than
> HTTP?
It's hard to get any solid and comparable numbers here, HTTP is a much older
package and it's part of the HP.

I do however think it's currently more popular (yesod, enumerator/conduit, etc.)
and more featureful than HTTP.

HTTP is probably doing a fine job for lots of users, as long as they are happy
with lazy io and no https without jumping through hoops, however http-conduit is
providing a superset of this, with bonus of stream io, https, socks, and more.

--
Vincent