Changes to Typeable

Gábor Lehel illissius at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 23:50:45 CEST 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 7:58 AM, Emil Axelsson <emax at chalmers.se> wrote:

> I have a use case:
>

> http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/syntactic/1.3/doc/html/Data-DynamicAlt.html
>
> This is a reimplementation of Data.Dynamic to support casting type `a` to
> `Dynamic` given a constraint `Typeable (a -> b)`:
>
>   toDyn :: Typeable (a -> b) => P (a -> b) -> a -> Dynamic
>
> With your suggestion, it seems I should be able to use the ordinary
> Data.Dynamic instead.
>
> / Emil

Great! Do you like my plan? Or perhaps know of a better one?

(Relatedly, *does* this have to go through a separate libraries
process? Or are we considering Typeable as getting completely
replaced, and everything pertaining to it gets discussed here?)

--
Your ship was destroyed in a monadic eruption.