Proposal: unify constant functors

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Fri May 4 01:18:42 CEST 2012

On Thu, 3 May 2012, wren ng thornton wrote:

> I think that Const/Constant should be in base because it's such a primitive
> thing and used all over the place. Other than that, I was mainly aiming for
> minimal breakage in resolving the duplication.

I just wanted to ask, where you need it. I have never used it. How can I
improve my code with it?

Independent from this question I am concerned with putting so much into
'base'. 'transformers' can be updated independent from the compiler, and
'base' cannot. Thus for me, 'Constant' in 'transformers' has the right
name (understandable to the casual user) in the right place.