new major release of transformers package

Michael Snoyman michael at
Thu Mar 8 10:46:59 CET 2012

On Mar 8, 2012 11:43 AM, "Gábor Lehel" <illissius at> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Michael Snoyman <michael at>
> > My solution was to create a new typeclass[2]:
> >
> > class MonadLift base m | m -> base where
> >    lift :: base a -> m a
> Have you seen:

Yes, I actually use it quite a bit via monad-control. However, MonadBase
has a different purpoe: an instance of MonadBase for Widget would be
intended to lift to IO, not to Handler. But perhaps transformers-base would
be a good place to include a typeclass like MonadLift.