Proposal: Add getFullProgName

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 07:57:14 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Johan Tibell <johan.tibell at gmail.com> wrote:
> The discussion period is now over.
>
> I believe there are no remaining objections to add getExecutablePath
> which returns the FilePath of the current remaining executable. For
> those that also want a function that tries to guess whether a script
> is running, I suggest you open a separate proposal.

I've created a first implementation [1] for Mac OS X, Linux, and
Windows, with a fallback implementation that uses argv[0]. I will need
someone to volunteer to test/finish the Windows one, as I don't have
access to a Windows machine (perhaps GHC HQ can do this.)

1. https://github.com/tibbe/packages-base/commit/7a3b969c52da9e94c17553d34ec2df0dfc2c265d

-- Johan