Proposal: Add getFullProgName

Ben Millwood haskell at benmachine.co.uk
Mon Jun 18 14:22:03 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Simon Hengel <sol at typeful.net> wrote:
>    data ExecutablePath = Binary FilePath
>                        | Script FilePath
>                        | Interactive

Do we want to force implementations to be able to distinguish binary
from script? Does that distinction even always make sense? Certainly
it's easy to imagine some implementations for which "Interactive"
would be useless.

I think it's hard to come up with a decent getFullProgName that
doesn't make a lot of assumptions about what sort of environment we
are in. getProgName is at least simpler in that regard.