Proposal: Add getFullProgName

Heinrich Apfelmus apfelmus at
Sun Jun 17 11:20:22 CEST 2012

Johan Tibell wrote:
> I've modified the proposal (in an earlier email) to be to add
> getExecutablePath. We'll implement it using the methods Simon linked
> to, which I believe are the same as used in executable-path.

Ah, ok. That works for me.

Reading Simon Hengel's email, I think that distinguishing between
different invocation methods (program, script, interactive) via a data type

     data ExecutablePath = Binary FilePath
                         | Script FilePath
                         | Interactive

is an excellent idea! This allows us to use the  getExecutablePath  both
in a compiled program and for testing in GHCi.

Best regards,
Heinrich Apfelmus