The vector-random package regression

Dominic Steinitz idontgetoutmuch at
Sat Jun 16 13:52:11 CEST 2012

On 10/06/2012 16:37, Henning Thielemann wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Jun 2012, Dominic Steinitz wrote:
>> I'm not sure if this is a recent regression but I just installed the
>> Haskell Platfom 2012.2. The email for the maintainer dons at
>> (Don Stewart) no longer seems to be valid.
> As far as I know, earlier versions of GHC didn't check for unused
> INLINE pragmas.
That was relatively easy to fix but I don't think I can submit a patch
as there is no repository for the code and the email of the maintainer
is no longer valid.

I am probably using the package incorrectly but worse, for some types it
does not seem to generate random values - see below. I don't think
there's anyway of submitting a bug report; I'm reporting it here so
there is at least some awareness there might be a problem.