Proposal: Control.Concurrent.Async

Twan van Laarhoven twanvl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 16:42:25 CEST 2012

On 15/06/12 15:38, Simon Marlow wrote:
> On 15/06/2012 13:52, Twan van Laarhoven wrote:
>> On 08/06/12 10:37, Simon Marlow wrote:
> monad-par is for pure deterministic parallelism only, since it is based around
>
>    runPar :: Par a -> a
>
> So I'm slightly confused by your comment that it can be used for IO as well -
> what do you mean exactly?

I base this on the documentation of Control.Monad.Par.Unsafe:

     unsafeParIO :: IO a -> p a
     Lift an IO operation into the Par monad.
     These are unsafe (in the normal, Haskell sense) when used with a runPar of
type `Par a -> a`. If used with a runParIO that stays in the IO monad, then they
are simply dangerous.

Twan