SafeSemapore

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Sat Jun 2 16:09:37 CEST 2012

Hi Chris,

On Sat, Jun 02, 2012 at 01:22:47PM +0100, Chris Kuklewicz wrote:

> The request for help is that I would like to unbreak the Haskell Platform by
> replacing the guts of QSem, QSemN, and SampleVar with SafeSemaphore.

I think these modules are not being well-cared for in base, so can we
solve this by instead removing them from base, and making SafeSemaphore
the recommended library for this functionality?

The HP can then add the SafeSemaphore package instead if it wants to
keep it.

We would need to remove:
* Control.Concurrent.QSem
* Control.Concurrent.QSemN
* Control.Concurrent.SampleVar
* The Control.Concurrent re-exports of the above 3 modules
* Control.Concurrent.mergeIO
* Control.Concurrent.nmergeIO

Patch attached.

Thanks