Haskell platform proposal: split package

Gábor Lehel illissius at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 16:37:48 CEST 2012

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 2:13 PM, Simon Hengel <sol at typeful.net> wrote:
>> An unrelated suggestion: you can give type signatures to the various
>> functions which are synonyms of each other as a group and they will
>> show up as a single item in the Haddocks.
>
> Have you tried this a recent version of Haddock?  I think this was only
> in the Haddock version that was released with GHC 7.2 (introduced due to
> a change in GHC).  But it had issues with explicit export lists, so we
> now always expand such signatures.
>
> Cheers,
> Simon

It seems to work with Haddock 2.10 / GHC 7.4. I remember I initially
tried it with whatever old version of Haddock I had installed and I
was annoyed that it didn't work (it got split into two declarations
with one of them missing documentation entirely -- quite suboptimal),
but then following a suggestion I tried it again with GHC 7.4 and was
happy that it seemed to have improved and gave the expected behaviour,
and impressively even worked across module boundaries. I would be sad
if it stopped working again. :)

Some examples (which Hackage built using 7.4):
http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/repa/3.2.1.1/doc/html/Data-Array-Repa.html
(append, (++))
http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/type-eq/0.1.2/doc/html/Type-Eq.html
(cast, (|>), TypeEq(..))

--
Your ship was caught in a monadic eruption.