safe vs. unsafe (Was: Haskell Platform proposal: Add the vector package)

Wolfgang Jeltsch g9ks157k at
Fri Jul 20 11:16:55 CEST 2012

Am Freitag, den 13.07.2012, 10:49 +0100 schrieb Simon Marlow:
> Here it is:

On page 5, the paper mentions that RULES pragmas in an imported module
may change the meaning of the importing module. This is true. However,
I see another problem: RULES pragmas in the imported module can make the
code in the imported and the importing module non-deterministic, as it
is not clear which rules are fired. Is there a reason for this problem
not being mentioned in the paper? Or am I understanding something wrong?

Best wishes,