Haskell Platform proposal: Add the vector package

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Thu Jul 12 19:00:09 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 7:02 PM, Mark Lentczner <mark.lentczner at gmail.com>wrote:

> Can we bring this back to the issue of adding vector, as it is today, to
> the Platform.
>
> For the record, I say "yes, add it".

Funny, I was about to send the same message and then found this.

So. I'd like to see vector as it stands now go into the Platform too. If
consensus arrives on changes that ought to happen to help with Safe
Haskell, that's great, but it should be obvious that gating vector's
acceptance on that means that it will be years before any progress can be
made.