Haskell Platform proposal: Add the vector package

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Thu Jul 5 16:28:51 CEST 2012

On Thu, 5 Jul 2012, Roman Leshchinskiy wrote:

> From the maintainance point of view, this would become easier if I had
> *.Unsafe modules rather than the *.Safe ones. But this is a signficant
> restructuring and the only reason to do it would be to support
> SafeHaskell.

I would prefer to call unsafe modules Unsafe to calling safe modules Safe.
Safe functionality should be the default.

I also see a divergence of usages of the term "safe". It is sometimes used
where "total (function)" is meant. I prefer the meaning of "safe" in the
sense of SafeHaskell and unsafePerformIO.