Proposal: Derive Typeable instance for StdGen

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at
Mon Feb 6 17:47:26 CET 2012

On 6 February 2012 17:38, Antoine Latter <aslatter at> wrote:
> Is there any downside? The source has a lot of '#ifdef __NHC__' -
> should this be specifically outside of that? Do we care?

According to the website of NHC it doesn't provide the
DeriveDataTypeable extension. I could change the patch to only dervive
Typeable when not compiling with NHC.

> Also - CC'ing the maintainer of the package.

Oops sorry Ryan, I was assuming the package was still maintained by
libraries at But let's keep the discussion public if it's
alright with you.